Friday 23 January 2015

Welcome

Hi
This is sew exciting, my first ever post. Follow me and my posts about the things that I sew, things that inspire me to sew, things that will inspire you to sew. I intend to bravely share both triumphs and disasters. My two greatest sewing passions are free machine embroidery and dissolve fabric but then I also love collecting vintage materials, upcycling and trying out new things so hopefully this will be a varied blog.






This is where it all starts and the proof you do not need an all singing and dancing machine. This machine belonged to my mother who bought it sometime in the 1960s and its great. Actually this is a very rare photo indeed as it is much more likely to be out of the case and in use.
But really all you need is a good reliable straight stitch, zigzag and the ability to lower the feed dogs for free machine embroidery,
.

Here are two items from my Folksy shop https://folksy.com/shops/SoSewMegan     Both of these items were made on this machine.

Valentine envelope - just waiting for a love letter.
           
                      Valentine purse - just waiting for money!








 Just look at the beautiful cord on the purse. It is a machine wrapped cord and my next post will be a tutorial on how to make the cords and my top ten ways of using them. Sew dust off any old sewing machine and join me next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment