Thursday 7 May 2015

At last!

Sorry to keep you all waiting for my next blog post but unfortunately just after completing the tutorial for the embroidered cuff I discovered a lump in my neck. Several tests on, I have been diagnosed with lymphoma. My prognosis is good and I plan to keep to keep to a monthly post, however short.

Currently I am making a weekend bag for my daughter. Here it is so far;

Still in construction
 
But what I really want to share with you is the button feet.
 
How about this for an alternative to all those metal studs? I simply sewed on the large button then placed the smaller one on top but upside down so that the rounded side was on top. Then sewed again through both sets of holes. I also added a blob of glue over the stitching on the inside for extra security.
 
 
 
A great solution even if I say it myself. Lets hope the bag turns out well, especially as I am making it up as I go along! And yes, the fabric is beautiful but it does require careful matching at the seams, which is why the stitching is on the outside so I could see what I was doing!
 
 
 
I'll post a picture of the finished bag, just off to get some plastic tubing so I can make some lovely piped handles for it. Now can I include buttons on those.............



 



No comments:

Post a Comment