Monday 6 July 2015

Welcome

A warm welcome to you loyal followers especially as I didn't manage a post last month despite promises. Am currently on high dose steroids as part of my treatment for Lymphoma and today is a good day so I wanted to to do a quick share with you all.
 
 
 
I popped this welcome wreath in my shop today but for those of you who would like to make one of your own here are some quick tips ( sorry not full instructions with photos this time).

*Cut 2 circles out of sturdy cardboard. Mine measures 18cms in diameter but you can make it any size you like.
*Cut out an inner circle from each circle. Mine measures 9cms in diameter which makes the wreath about 5cms wide.
*Choose some beautiful yarn, put the free end between the 2 cardboard circles so it is hidden and secure and just wrap.
*When happy with your wrapping , secure the end by tucking in under the layers with a darning needle.
*Cut out your leaves and welcome banner from old pages of a book and free machine onto felt.
*Make a flower of your own. I made mine out of layers of sheer fabrics as I wanted it to shimmer but any kind would look good.
* Glue on your flowers and leaves but use a high quality textile glue. I only ever use Guttermanns creative, just because it is totally reliable but I'm not into advertising.
*Plait a ribbon or yarn loop and either glue or tie in securely around your wreath.
*Te Da, hang it up somewhere to make someone happy, give to a friend or send as an alternative to a welcome home card.



2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty, I love using of paper as part of a design. I really like the texture of the yarn you've used :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete