Monday 24 August 2015

A homage to Lavender

Well here I am 10 days into the chemo regime and already it has been a rollercoaster of good days and bad days so I'm endeavouring to look for some loveliness each day. Where better to feel the hum of nature and find loveliness than on a lavender hedge?

Then all that lavender offers pretty and practical opportunities for sewing! Once dried it can be put into every conceivable kind of lavender bag from traditional to the eclectic.
Lets start with the traditional, what better way to upcycle some of those vintage linens. Who wouldn't want to slip these into a sock drawer?
 
And on the subject of socks , here are some less traditional lavender bags that I made to slip into those teenagers' trainers! Sorry not the best photo but am going to do some better ones and pop them in my folksy shop.https://folksy.com/shops/SoSewMegan
I had great fun making these caravan lavender bags, ideal for caravans! No unpleasant surprises when you get the bedding out that has been stored since your last trip.
Lavender isn't just confined to sweet smells and freshness, it has been used for centuries to aid sleep. I put this sleep pad in my shop and it sold that same day and I received one of the nicest reviews ever.
 
"Comment Arrived beautifully wrapped and presented. The smell was heavenly as I unwrapped it. Thrilled to bits with my purchase. Fantastic service and a beautiful product. Thank you"
 
For me the only difficulty is harvesting the lavender because I never want to cut it at the right time, I want the bees(and me) to enjoy it as long as possible! So enjoy heavenly smells and a play on the sewing machine, can't think of a better way to spend the day.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment